Telefônica|Vivo, a major service provider in Brazil, has selected the Cisco IP Set-Top Box Series for its new Vivo TV Fibra service.
The new offering was announced at Futurecom trade show in Brazil.
The comprehensive, flexible technology platform will enable Vivo TV to deliver advanced Internet Protocol-based (IP) television services in high-definition (HD), including integrated Digital Video Recorder (DVR) capabilities for customers to pause live TV, view and record multiple shows simultaneously, enjoying their favorite programming at their convenience.
The Start of a New Era
- Cisco is providing Vivo with the ISB 7100 Series High-Definition (HD) IPTV Set-Top Box, including DVR and non-DVR versions.
- The ISB 7100 Series is a high performance and cost-effective family of HD Set-Top Boxes that feature the latest integrated HPNA technology for a “no new wires” IP connection using existing in-home coax cable, reducing cost and time of installations.
- The ISB 7100 Series offers flexibility with multiple TV connections for quick and easy installation (HDMI and composite).
- The DVR version has an integrated 500 GB hard disk drive (HDD) for customers to pause live TV, view and record multiple shows simultaneously, rewind, fast-forward and pause recorded content.
- Cisco is a market leader for IP Set-Top Boxes around the world with the largest installed base of IP set-tops with Microsoft Mediaroom (the same one implemented by Vivo TV Fibra).
- Cisco is an innovation leader in this segment, providing next-generation wireless IPTV Set-Top Boxes, hybrid IP Set-Top Boxes, advanced power management and diagnostic application technologies.
“This project is the first of a kind in the IPTV segment in Brazil, bringing to the market a high degree of innovation and quality as a result of a successful initiative between Vivo and Cisco. It should set the start for a new era of TV experience for the Brazilian users,” said Hugo Baeta, manager regional sales, Cisco Brazil.
Telefônica | Vivo is the biggest telecommunications company in Brazil with over 91 million accesses, 76.5 million only in mobile operation, which holds the higher market share in the segment (29.66%) at national level.
please sign in to rate this article